terms & conditions
Here at TakeYourSeats.ie we like to provide you with as many services as possible and this includes directly selling tickets for some of the events that we cover on our website. As a result we have to deal with the legal stuff to make sure you know where you stand whenever you buy any tickets through the website.
Please note there are no refunds or exchanges on any tickets. All sales are final.
The website www.TakeYourSeats.ie (for ease of reference we will call this “the website”) is operated by Stargaze* Productions, sole proprietorship registered in Ireland.
1. Acceptance - When you access the website to purchase tickets for events, you are accepting our terms and conditions. You have to accept them via a tick box before you can pay for or confirm your purchase.</li>
2. Agency - When we sell tickets for events on the website, we do so as an agent for the event organiser whether this be a venue or promoter. As a result the following are important:
(a) We can’t be held responsible if the event does not take place. In the event of an official cancellation, we can issue refunds and/ or tickets to an alternative event by the same “event organiser” (according to arrangements put in place by the event organiser), but this will ultimately remain the responsibility of the event organiser.
(b) We can’t be held responsible for the venue at which the event is taking place or any action or accident that occurs within it. Unfortunately accidents can happen and if something does happen to you at an event that is not your fault then you will have to take this up with the event organiser.
(c) We can’t be held responsible for the event itself. Of course we would hope that you enjoy it, but if for whatever reason you are dissatisfied then you will have to take this up with the event organiser.
(d) We can’t be held responsible if you are not allowed entry for any reason, including lateness, dress code, or any other reason that the event organiser can at their discretion employ. Late arrival is not something ‘TakeYourSeats.ie’ will ever offer refunds for.
(e) TakeYourSeats.ie will refuse entry to any customer who purchased tickets from an unauthorised ticket re-seller and can't validate any tickets purchased through unauthorised channels.
4. Information - Whilst we make every effort to ensure the website is kept up to date we cannot be held responsible if you discover that some information on the website proves to be incorrect or inaccurate.
5. Trade Marks - Except in the case of any other trade marks or other intellectual property that are owned by third parties, the name TakeYourSeats.ie and the logos used by the Company on the website are copyrighted to the Company and trade marks operated by it. You must not use any trademarks or copyright material whether owned by the Company or third parties for any purpose whatsoever. Regrettably we must take immediate legal action against any person whom we find to be in breach of this obligation. Infringing copyright is a criminal offence.
6. Limitation of Liability - To the extent that is permitted by law the Company disclaims all liability to you for any liability, loss or damage, direct or indirect, that you may suffer whether using the website, purchasing tickets for an event, attending an event or otherwise, whether arising under contract or otherwise. In the event that the Company is found to owe you any liability then such liability shall be limited to the amount or sum that you have paid for tickets for an event.
At TakeYourSeats.ie, we respect your privacy and protect all personal information you provide when buying tickets or signing up to our mailing list. The information you provide will be used only by ourselves to deliver services and to keep you informed with news and future events. We do not share your information with third parties.
Information that we collect:
When you purchase tickets, gift vouchers, merchandise or membership through our online box office or in-person at our Takeyourseats.ie Box Office, your name, email, phone number, and address data number will be stored by our ticketing partner, Ticketsolve.
When you book tickets online, data is shared between TakeYourSeats.ie, Realex (payment gateway) and Ticketsolve(ticketing platform) in order to process the transaction. Where patrons have opted to provide their details for mailings, data will be shared with Mailchimp (our email partner).
Ticketsolve acts as a data processor on behalf of TakeYourSeats.ie.
Ticketsolve, Realex, Mailchimp and TakeYourSeats.ie have implemented appropriate technological measures to protect against accidental loss, destruction, damage, alteration or disclosure.
For more information, please see their privacy notices here:
When someone visits our website (takeyourseats.ie) we use a number of third party services to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site, types of devices used, and length of time spent on pages.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser. Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies may result in the disabling of certain functionality and features on our website.
Record Retention Periods
TakeYourSeats.ie has the following data retention periods in place:
· Customer data on Ticketsolve is removed after 3 years of inactivity.
· Customer data on Mailchimp is removed after 3 years of inactivity.
· All other records such as financial, personnel, or recruitment related are destroyed every 7 years
When you sign up for our mailing list, either at the time of booking or separately through our sign up form, we collect personal information. We use that information for a couple of reasons: to share information such as news about TakeYourSeats.ie and related events; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are correct and to check every now and then that you are happy to be a subscriber. Mailchimp also helps us monitor and improve our marketing but gathering statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing our data protection officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may review and update this policy. This version was adopted on 17/05/18
Access to your personal information
You are entitled to view, amend or delete the personal information that we hold. Email your request to our data protection officer: email@example.com
If at any point, you wish to be removed from our database, please do not hesitate to contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
BRAM STOKER FESTIVAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
Due to mature themes, strong language and nudity, the content of some Bram Stoker Festival shows may not be viewed as suitable for all audiences. Shows that are suitable for children will be labelled as such on our website
International patrons should book online.
If a member of your party is a wheelchair user or needs special assistance at any of our venues please inform our Box Office at the time of booking on email@example.com. Refer to show pages for accessibility information.
Venue Box Offices:
If available, tickets are sold on the door of most events at their venues, and are subject to individual venue box office policies. Credit cards are not accepted at most venues. Cash and exact change are always appreciated. Call us to find out more about accessibility and available services at our venues.
Please arrive at the venue at least 20 minutes before show time.
Photography / Recording
Photography and videography by official festival photographers and videographers may be recorded at events - please let a member of our staff, or a volunteer, know if you would prefer not to be filmed.
Sales / Refunds / Exchanges
All sales are final. No refunds or exchanges. A booking fee of €1 per ticket applies to all tickets and is included in the price.
Please note: Bram Stoker Festival reserves the right to make alterations to the programme and cannot be held accountable for cancellations, substitutions or changes.
Site specific venues may have restricted sightlines; we recommend you get to the venue early in order to choose a suitable seat